First outreach meeting in Bangladesh
SRMGI (the Degrees Initiative) and the Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS) held a workshop on 27 February 2017 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. BCAS is an independent, nonprofit, non-governmental, policy, research and implementation institute, working on sustainable development at the local, national, regional and global levels. Established in 1986, it has grown to become a leading research institute in the non-governmental sector in Bangladesh and South Asia over the last 25 years.
This participatory workshop focused on the governance of geoengineering research.
- Matthias Honegger (Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies, Potsdam)
- Prof. AKM Saiful Islam (Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology)
- Andy Parker (SRMGI/the Degrees Initiative)
- Janos Pasztor (Carnegie Climate Geoengineering Governance – C2G2)
- Prof. Mizan R. Khan (North South University)
- Md Golam Rabbani (Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies )
- Mizanur Rahman (POPI)
- Dr AKM Atiqur Rahman (Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies)